Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Nationalism and the Creation of Italy

Nationalism is when people fight for, root for, or basically love their country. Also to show support to people who share the same culture and history. I show that I am nationalistic by having the American flag at home. I also root for America in the Olympics and some other teams that belong to America. I enjoy past times that most Americans enjoy. I use the money that comes from and can only be used in America.

Italy was created by many people hearing about the idea of Nationalism. Nationalists wanted a united country to be independent and be free from foreigners' control. Italy was controlled by different kingdoms. Giuseppe Mazzini and Camillo di Cavor were the people who had helped Italy unite and become one nation. It became Italy by many people who had the same opinion and who had allies fought in battles until they conquered the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment